- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 large apple (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup liquid sweetener of choice*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown rice cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vegan protein powder ** (I used Sprout Living Original Epic Protein)
- 2 tbsps flax meal
- ½ an apple finely diced
- Optional: banana ice cream and caramel sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine the chopped apple, dates, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and liquid sweetener in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the blender mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the diced apple chunks and gently fold them in.
- Shape the dough into a long thin rectangle about 3″ wide and 1/2″ high. Slice into 8 bars. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 mins at 325F.
- Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Top your bar with banana ice cream and caramel sauce, or enjoy plain. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*You can substitute applesauce here to make them completely date-sweetened.
**You can substitute oat flour.