- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 16 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder (or 1 tsp extract)
- 5–6 fresh figs (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats and pretzel crumbs.
- Blend the dates, water, and vanilla in a blender until smooth. Remove 1/4 cup of the date paste and set aside.
- Add the rest of the date paste to the dry mixture. Mix with your hands until it is a thick clumpy dough.
- Press the dough into a 9×5″ loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the reserved date paste on top.
- Arrange a single layer of sliced figs on top of the date paste.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 300F.
- Remove from the oven. Cool. Cut into squares. Devour!