- FOR THE CARAMEL FROSTING
- 8–10 pitted medjool dates
- 2/3 cup water
- FOR THE MUGCAKE
- 1/3 cup spelt flour (I used One Degree Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour)
- 2 tbsps of the caramel frosting (above)
- 2 tbsps coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 3–4 tbsps water
- FOR THE CARAMEL FROSTING: Blend the dates and water on high until smooth.
- FOR THE MUGCAKE: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Stir it up.
- Pour into a mug. Only fill it 2/3 of the way.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high.
- Top with the frosting and devour!