Soft-baked, pumpkin spiced, and deliciously drizzled – these Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Cookies made with almond or oat flour are an easy fluffy fall treat! Vegan, gluten-free, paleo.
- 3/4 cup (185g) pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup (110g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (65g) nut/seed butter ((I used almond butter))
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups (225g) almond flour ((*see notes for oat flour option))
- 1/2 cup (60g) tapioca starch ((can sub arrowroot or cornstarch))
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or mixing bowl. Blend/mix until combined, but be careful not to over mix.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the batter onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper and flatten/smooth them out into domes.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes at 350F or until just golden on the bottom edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze, whisk together the ingredients until smooth and drizzle-able. If your coconut butter is too thick, microwave it for a few seconds to soften.
- Drizzle the glaze onto the cool cookies and then refrigerate them for 5-10 minutes to set. Enjoy!
For the oat flour option, replace the almond flour with 1 3/4 cup (210g) oat flour and omit the tapioca starch. They will be somewhat drier, so I recommend using almond flour for best texture and flavor.