I’m keeping up the blueberry theme this week without even trying.
This is a recipe I have wanted to make for a long time, ever since I made the Vegan Dirt Cups. But as soon as the idea popped into my head, starfruit was no where to be found. I’m not sure if starfruit has a season (or when it may be), but I finally spotted these yellow gems in the produce section this week and was pretty darn excited!
Sand, blueberries, and starfish! There is a layer of sweet sand, followed by blueberry water, and adorned with a fruity starfish on top. The blueberry water is more blue in name than in actual color. Blueberries quickly become purpleberries once blended, but these cups are beautifully beachy nonetheless.
- Yield: 3 1x
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsps sweetener of choice (preferably light in color)
- 3 tbsps white chia seeds (white for color purposes)
- 1 starfruit (sliced)
- Grind the oats in a food processor or blender.
- In a bowl, mix the oats and agave nectar together with a fork until the texture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Blend 3/4 cup of the blueberries with the milk, sweetener, and chia seeds on high until smooth. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries. Set in the fridge to thicken.
- Assemble the cups, starting with sand, then water, then starfish.
Leave a Reply