Kiwi and strawberry are perfect complements in color and flavor. I wanted to include this combo in the book in some form, but I never quite worked out the perfect way to combine them. Art class taught me that red + green = not appetizing. Brown ice cream should only be chocolate. These tasty little bites of perfection solve the color dilemma and look pretty cute doing it.
There are lots of bite-sized recipes in the book, too. Some are on sticks, some are for fingers. Bite-sized snacks can be dangerous, because they are so convenient and tend to disappear very quickly. But with these healthy, fruity recipes, there’s nothing wrong with eating the entire batch yourself, one bite at a time.
Strawberry Kiwi Ice Cream Bites
3 large kiwi
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana
- Blend the frozen banana and frozen strawberries together until creamy.
- Freeze the ice cream for about 30-45 minutes.
- Slice the kiwi into 1/4″ thick slices.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer. Scoop about a teaspoon of ice cream onto a kiwi slice and top with another kiwi slice. Insert a toothpick to hold the sandwich together. Continue for the rest of the kiwi slices.
- Refreeze for about 10 minutes before eating. Keep the leftovers (if there are any) in the freezer.