- CRANBERRY SAUCE
- 12 oz . fresh cranberries
- Juice of one orange
- Zest of one orange
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup lentils (pre-soaking optional)
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 2 cups water (only 1 1/2 cup if pre-soaked)
- Seasonings/herbs: thyme (rosemary, garlic, black pepper)
- BROWN RICE STUFFING
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- SWEET POTATOES
- 1 medium sweet potato
- For serving: mixed baby greens
- FOR THE CRANBERRY SAUCE: Combine everything in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes until thick. (I made mine the day before and refrigerated overnight)
- FOR THE LENTILS: Combine everything in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- FOR THE BROWN RICE STUFFING: Combine the carrots, mushrooms, and celery in a saucepan. Add 1/4 cup water or veggie broth. Bring to high heat, then reduce to medium, cover, and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until all the veggies are fork tender.
- Add the brown rice. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to warm up the rice. Turn off the heat and mash with a potato masher until stuffing textured.
- FOR THE SWEET POTATOES: Preheat the oven to 450F. Chop the sweet potato into large chunks. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 450F for about ?25 minutes.