This Caramel Apple Butter is the quickest easiest apple butter made right in the blender, but still as smooth and sweet as the traditional spread!
- 1 granny smith apple
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup*
- Core and roughly chop the apple.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high until very smooth. You may need to use the tamper to get it to blend, try to avoid adding more water if possible to keep the texture thick.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- It is wonderful as a dip or spread, stirred into oatmeal, baked into sweet treats, or by the spoonful!
*You can substitute the maple syrup with water or nondairy milk, but the texture of the apple butter will not be as smooth.