Simple, buttery Almond Shortbread Cookies made with just 6 ingredients – no oil, gluten, or refined sugar. The perfect easy Christmas (or anytime) cookie!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the coconut butter, maple syrup, and almond extract.
- Add the coconut flour, almond flour, and salt. Mix/knead to form a moist ball of dough.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into circles (using a cookie cutter or a mason jar lid works too!) and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool. They are delicious warm, but if you are going to dip them in chocolate I recommend letting them cool completely first.
- Keep leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
* Coconut butter is really best here, but if you have so substitute I’d recommend runny cashew butter (same 1/3 cup) or coconut oil (reduce to 1/4 cup).
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: christmas, paleo, vegan, baking, holiday, gluten free, easy, recipe, dessert