Spiced Apple Crisp Bars with a crunchy cereal crust, cinnamon-sticky apple filling, and crumble top. Easier and healthier than apple pie, but just as tasty!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grind the cereal in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients and process until sticky/crumbly.
- Press half into a baking dish lined with parchment or greased.
- Combine all the apple ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Cook in a nonstick sauté pan (spray with coconut oil to be safe!) over medium heat for 8-10 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Spread on top of the crust.
- Top with the rest of the cereal mixture, pressing in slightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350ºF until the top is golden.
- Cool, then slice. They will be delicate when warm (but delicious!), but will firm up after chilling.
- Top with yogurt or ice cream and enjoy!
*I used this one. Or any flake cereal if not gluten-free.
**They need to be very soft and squishy, otherwise soak them first.
***Or runny nut butter to keep them oil-free
****I used granny smith, but use your favorite variety!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 35g
- Sodium: 380mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, fall, cinnamon, thanksgiving, pie, crumble, easy, baking, recipe, dairy free, healthy