A banana-free smoothie made with tangy tart raspberries and chunks of frozen sweet potato for a thick creamy texture. Perfect for pairing with chocolate toppings!
- 3/4 cup milk of choice ((I used unsweetened almond))
- 1–2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet potato chunks ((*see notes))
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Optional: 2-3 medjool dates or 1 tbsp maple syrup to sweeten
- Combine the milk, chia seeds, and frozen sweet potato, in a blender.
- Blend on high until the chia seeds are fully broken down and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the frozen raspberries. Blend until thick and ice cream like. Add more milk/frozen raspberries to desired consistency.
- Top with fresh raspberries and cacao nibs or chocolate chips. Enjoy!
*For the frozen sweet potato chunks, bake any kind of sweet potato, cube it, and freeze overnight. Then break apart and add to your smoothie. I used about 1/2 of a small-medium sweet potato per smoothie.