- FOR THE CRUST
- 2 cups brown rice crispies (I really like One Degree Organic’s brown rice crisps)
- 3 tbsps coconut nectar or brown rice syrup
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 2 tbsps cacao powder
- 2 tbsps coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp water
- EVERYTHING ELSE
- 4–5 bananas (sliced)
- Toppings (nuts, dried fruit, cacao nibs, etc.)
- 2 sweet cherries
- FOR THE CRUST: Heat the coconut nectar until it starts to bubble. I microwaved it for about 30 seconds on high. Use a large container and watch it carefully, it can bubble over very quickly.
- Mix the warm coconut nectar into the rice crispies.
- Divide the sticky crispies between two pans that are lined with wax paper or lightly oiled.
- Press the crust into the pans with a sheet of wax paper to keep it from sticking to you fingers.
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE: Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Once the crusts are chilled and crunchy, layer in the sliced bananas, sprinkle on toppings, and drizzle the sauce over top. And don’t forget the cherry!
- Eat immediately.