Naturally gluten-free waffles made with oats and flecked with sweet berry spots–these Blueberry Oat Flour Waffles are a perfect easy healthy breakfast!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Toppings: coconut whipped cream (hemp seeds, maple syrup, more berries)
- Combine everything except for the blueberries in a high speed blender. Blend until well combined, but do not over blend. You can alternatively mix eventing together by hand in a mixing bowl.
- Add the blueberries and pulse briefly to mix them in.
- Spray the waffle iron with coconut oil or nonstick spray (even if it says “nonstick” I find they usually stick if you skip this).
- Pour half the batter into a preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturers instructions. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with coconut whipped cream hemp seeds, berries, and maple syrup (or whatever toppings you love) and enjoy!