- 2–3 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 1 15 oz . can of chickpeas
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2–3 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 2 stalks of green onion
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic (if using), salt, and pepper.
- Begin to process. Add the water one tablespoon at a time to achieve a creamy, hummus consistency.
- Halve and de-seed the tomatoes. Dry the tomato halves off with a paper towel to remove any excess tomato goopiness.
- Fill a plastic bag with the chickpea mixture. Slice off one corner and squeeze to fill each tomato half.
- Finely dice the green onion and garnish.