Easy vegan oatmeal cookies studded with dark chocolate chunks and the perfect crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside texture!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond butter (or applesauce), maple syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the oat flour, oats, and baking soda. Mix to form a thick dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a pan lined with parchment paper. Press lightly to flatten.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before eating.
- Keep in an airtight container, ideally in the fridge, for up to a week.
*For the applesauce version, replace the almond butter with 1/4 cup (60g) unsweetened applesauce and add an extra 1/2 cup (60g) oat flour.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 18
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: baking, easy, cookies, chocolate, gluten-free, vegan, dessert, snack