Chocolate Covered Oatmeal Bars! Chewy salty-sweet oat bars topped with a fudgy layer of fruity chocolate. A favorite easy healthy snack recipe!
- 2 cup (200g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (120g) oat flour
- 3/4 cup (110g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup (240g) nut or seed butter (I used almond butter)
- 1 cup (240g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas (or frozen and defrosted)
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Stir together the flax and water to make the flax egg. Set aside to gel.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the applesauce, almond butter, flax eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix to combine.
- Spread into an 8×8″ square baking pan that has bee sprayed with nonstick spray or coconut oil.
- Blend the banana and cocoa powder.
- Spoon on top of the oatmeal bars and spread/swirl to cover. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing (or they will be too crumbly).
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, oatmeal, breakfast, snack, chocolate, easy