Creamy Chocolate Hazelnut Shake! A lower fruit smoothie-ish treat with hazelnuts, cacao, chia seeds, and dates. Or add ice for a healthy dairy-free frosty!
- 1/4 cup (30g) toasted hazelnuts*
- 1 cup (240g) non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 pitted (40g) medjool dates**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Make it a frosty: add 1 cup ice OR a frozen banana OR 1/2-1 cup frozen cauliflower
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender (if you don’t have a powerful blender, soak the nuts beforehand).
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. About 30 seconds.
- Add ice if using. Blend again briefly.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, chopped hazelnuts, and dark chocolate. Enjoy!
*You can use other nuts (cashews or walnuts would be yummy!) or hemp seeds for a nut-free option.
**Or 1 tbsp sweetener of choice (honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar, etc.) Or use stevia or another sugar-free sweetener instead for a low carb/sugar option.
- Serving Size: 1 shake
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegan, chocolate, smoothie, shake, easy, nutella