This insanely decadent Chocolate Mousse Cake may taste like fudge frosting but is made from just a few healthy whole food ingredients right in the blender!
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water (if needed)
- 1 cup baked and mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Grind the almonds in a blender until they resemble a fine meal.
- Add the maple syrup and blend until you have a clumpy mixture. Add 1 tbsp of water if necessary so that it sticks together when pressed.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a 6 inch spring-form pan. Press the crust evenly into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all the mousse ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven. Cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled from the fridge with berries or whipped cream on top!