Fluffy fruit-sweetened Coconut Flour Donuts! Eight ingredient easy with a perfect soft texture and sweet coconut butter glaze on top. Vegan and paleo!
- 1 cup (160g) pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (120g) non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup (130g) nut/seed butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) tapioca starch*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen/defrosted)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a high speed blender, blend the dates, milk, nut/seed butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until combined.
- Use a ziplock bag with one corner snipped off to pipe the batter into a donut pan (that has been thoroughly sprayed with non-stick spray!) and smooth the tops. Or you can make them into muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
- For the glaze, blend the blueberries and strain to get just the juice.
- Melt the coconut butter (10 seconds or so in the microwave). Make sure all the other ingredients are at room temperature or warmer.
- Stir together the melted coconut butter, maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Add the milk slowly until it becomes smooth and drizzle-able. It will seize up at first, keep adding milk and it will eventually smooth out.
- Add the blueberry juice 1 tablespoon at a time until you achieve your desired color.
- Once the donuts are cool, top with glaze and (optional) sprinkles.
*You can use arrowroot or cornstarch instead.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 24
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 9
Keywords: baking, dessert, snack, paleo, gluten-free, vegan