Homemade grain-free cookie dough chunks mixed into dairy-free yogurt, coated in dark chocolate, and frozen into the perfect spoon-free froyo bite!
- 2/3 cup (70g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (65g) nut/seed butter* (I used Sunbutter)
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60g) applesauce**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (45g) mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups (480g) plain unsweetened non-dairy yogurt***
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips, melted
- Combine the flour, applesauce, maple syrup, nut/seed butter, vanilla, and salt. Mix to form a moist dough that holds together when pressed, adding milk as needed if it’s too crumbly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press flat on a sheet of wax paper. Cut into small pieces (it’s easier if you chill it first, but not necessary).
- In a mixing bowl, stir the yogurt to get rid of any lumps.
- Gently fold in the cookie dough chunks (you may not need all of the cookie dough, but I think you can find a use for the leftovers).
- Spoon into a mini muffin pan. Freeze overnight.
- The following day, run hot water over the back of the muffin pan to loosen, then pop the cups out of the pan.
- Dip each in melted chocolate and set on a pan lined with wax paper so they won’t stick.
- Freeze until the chocolate is set.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes or so before eating to soften. Enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.
*You can use all applesauce or all nut/seed butter (1/2 cup total) and adjust with the non-dairy milk as necessary, but personally I prefer the combination. Or for a date-sweetened cookie dough, try THIS recipe.
**You can substitute with more nut/seed butter or mashed banana.
***I used Kite Hill almond milk greek yogurt. I do recommend a thicker yogurt so the bites are creamy once frozen. If not using a greek yogurt go with a coconut yogurt like Coyo, or sub half with coconut cream for really creamy bites. If not vegan, you can use regular dairy greek yogurt too.
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: frozen yogurt, ice cream, vegan, dairy-free, chocolate, snack, easy