Make your own 100 Grand Bars with gooey, salty-sweet Medjool date caramel and a crispy, dairy-free, chocolate cereal coating. Try this easy DIY candy recipe for a healthier halloween treat!
Medjool Date Caramel
- 300g (~15) Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted (20% off with code: FOF20)
- 1 cup (240g) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
100 Grand Bars
- 10oz (283g) dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup (25g) crispy rice cereal
- Blend the caramel ingredients until combined and very smooth.
- Spoon into a candy bar mold filling each cavity 3/4 of the way (*if you don’t have a candy bar mold!)
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Stir in the rice cereal.
- Spoon a layer of this chocolate mixture on top of each caramel bar.
- Freeze the bars overnight. Cover the rest of the chocolate + cereal mixture, and save for tomorrow.
- Carefully remove the bars from the mold (they may not come out perfect, you can easily fix/reshape the caramel) and arrange on a wire rack with the chocolate side down.
- Re-melt the chocolate cereal mixture in the microwave for about 1 minute. Spoon on top of each bar to completely coat.
- Rest at room temperature until the chocolate is set.
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
*If you don’t have a candy bar mold, line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Spread a thin layer of the chocolate cereal mixture in the bottom of the pan and chill until set. Then spread the caramel on top of the chocolate as evenly as possible. Freeze overnight. Slice into bars the next day, then coat the sides and tops as instructed above.
Keywords: gluten free, cereal, halloween, chocolate, candy, caramel, dairy free, easy, no bake, healthy