Chewy double chocolate oatmeal cookies made with chocolate sunflower seed butter and LOTS of chocolate chips. Vegan, gluten-free, flourless!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp warm water)
- 1/2 cup (125g) Chocolate SunButter
- 1/2 cup (80g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (85g) rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare flax egg and set aside to gel.
- Combine Chocolate SunButter, coconut sugar, flax egg and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add oats, baking soda, and salt. Beat again to mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips or chunks (reserving some for on top)
- Scoop onto a lined baking sheet, leaving room in between for spreading.
- Bake 12 minutes at 350ºF. Add a few extra chocolate chunks/chips on top and bake for another 2-3 minutes until melty.
- Cool for 30 minutes on the pan (they are fragile when hot) before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for longer storage.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: gluten free, easy, one bowl, oatmeal, flourless, healthy, egg free, dairy free, chocolate chunk, snack