The yummiest easiest chocolate chip muffins made with non-dairy yogurt so they are SO moist and tender (and vegan!) Prep ahead snack or freshly baked treat!
- 1 cup (240g) non-dairy yogurt (*)
- 1/3 cup (55g) coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups (220g) almond flour (**(see notes for oat flour option))
- 1/2 cup (60g) tapioca starch (***)
- 1/3 cup (55g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt and coconut sugar. Stir/whisk until combined and no lumps remain.
- Add the baking powder, vanilla, salt, and flour. Stir to form a thick batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into a muffin pan filling each muffin until it is level with the top of the pan. You will get 6-8 muffins depending on your pan. Gently smooth the tops.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F or until golden brown and firm to the touch when you lightly press the center.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
*I used cashew yogurt, but any kind of yogurt will work. If it is quite thick, add a couple of tablespoons of nondairy milk (see video for proper consistency).
**For the oat option, use 1 1/2 cups oat flour and omit the tapioca starch.
***You can sub arrowroot or cornstarch.
Keywords: baking, dessert, snack, paleo, vegan