Moist, fluffy, simple, and arguably PERFECT vegan paleo chocolate cupcakes. Made with just 8 ingredients and topped with creamy chocolate coconut frosting!
- 1/2 cup (90g) Hu Gems (or dark chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup (105g) coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) cassava flour*
- 1/2 cup (50g) cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (250g) coconut cream**
- 1/4 cup (25g) cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (40g) maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Melt the chocolate with the almond milk. Stir until smooth.
- Whisk in the coconut sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the rest of the cupcake ingredients and mix.
- Spoon into a cupcake pan with paper liners, filling each ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Chill to thicken.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and eat.
- Keep leftovers sealed in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze unfrosted cupcakes for longer storage.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: gluten free, cassava, grain free, birthday, frosting, dairy free, egg free, baking, dessert