My favorite chia seed pudding recipe with just the right ratio and ingredients for ultra creamy texture – for dessert, breakfast, or a make ahead snack!
- 1 cup (240g) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (220g) almond milk (*)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (**)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: 2 scoops vegan protein powder (or collagen peptides (not vegan)***)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- For vanilla: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For chocolate 2 tbsp cacao powder ((a little extra salt doesn’t hurt!))
- For matcha: 1 tsp matcha powder
- In a blender combine the coconut milk, almond milk, maple syrup, salt, and optional protein powder/collagen. Blend until combined.
- Add the vanilla, cacao, or matcha powder. Blend to combine.
- Add the chia seeds and pulse them in. Pulse briefly every 1-2 minutes until the pudding starts to thicken and the seeds remain evenly distributed as opposed to settling to the bottom. 3-4 pulses is usually enough.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Serve with toppings of choice and enjoy!
*You can use any kind of non-dairy milk in a carton, but I do not recommend using all canned coconut milk or it will be too thick. **You can sub any liquid sweetener or even 2-3 medjool dates. ***THIS is the collagen I used. And THIS is the vegan protein powder I used. If you use the protein powder, it will be thicker so consider adding an extra 1/4 cup milk.
Keywords: snack, meal prep, vegan, dairy-free, chia, dessert, breakfast