- 2 cups dried figs
- 3 tbsps coconut sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 batch Vegan GF Gingerbread cooking dough
- FOR THE FILLING: Combine the dried figs, water, lemon juice, and sugar in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the figs are soft.
- Mash the figs with a potato masher until you have a paste-like consistency.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Roll out the chilled cookie dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut off any ragged edges to make a rectangle. Cut the rectangle in half width wise.
- Working on one of the halves, spread a line of filling about 1 inch wide down the length closer to one edge. Fold the other side of the dough over the filling and pinch the edges together to close. Cut into 4 cookies. Or just see diagram.
- Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350F.