- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup non-dairy yogurt (I used almond milk yogurt)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- LEMON FROSTING
- 2 cups Cocowhip or coconut whipped cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a blender, blend the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir to combine. The batter will be thick.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350F or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the frosting, gently stir the lemon juice and zest into the rice whip.
- Allow the gingerbread to cool completely before frosting. Frost immediately before serving.