Blend, bake, and devour. These Gooey Pumpkin Cake Bars are that easy to make and taste like pie meets cake in healthy vegan and paleo form!
- 1 medium (175g) zucchini (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup (225g) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (70g) almond butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 3/4 cup (175g) non-dairy milk
- 4–5 (75g) pitted medjool dates
- 2/3 cup (85g) coconut flour*
- 1/4 cup (35g) tapioca starch **
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, zucchini, non-dairy milk, almond butter, and pitted medjool dates in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend to form a thick batter stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Spread the batter evenly into a baking pan (I used an 8×8″ square) that is lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350F or until the top is golden brown and crackly.
- Remove from the oven. Either allow to cool complete before slicing into squares OR serve warm but the texture will be much gooier like pudding.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
*If you want to use oat flour, sub the coconut flour and tapioca starch with 1 3/4 cups oat flour (210g) and increase the medjool dates to 8-10 as the oat flour will dull the flavor and sweetness. The texture will be more chewy as noted above.
**You can substitute cornstarch or arrowroot starch instead.