A delicious carrot bundt cake recipe with a vegan gluten-free batter (sweetened only with Medjool dates!) and topped with a dreamy lemon cream cheese glaze. An easy and healthier easter baking treat!
- 1 cup (200g) Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates (use FOF20 for 20% off!)
- 3/4 cup (240g) warm water
- 1/2 cup (120g) almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (113g or 1 stick) dairy-free butter, melted (or avocado oil)
- 1 3/4 cups (217g) gluten-free flour*
- 1/3 cup (37g) almond flour
- 3 tbsp (22g) coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (100g) grated carrots**
- Optional: 1/2 cup (50g) chopped walnuts (optional)
Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze***
- 1 1/2 cup (180g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (30g) dairy-free cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir apple cider vinegar into almond milk, and set aside 5 minutes. Then add vanilla extract.
- Melt the dairy-free butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend pitted Medjool dates with water. Add the almond milk mixture and blend until smooth.
- In a stand mixer, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Mix briefly to just combine.
- Add the date paste mixture. Mix on low speed for 15 seconds, then slowly stream in the melted butter with the mixer still running.
- Mix another 15 seconds or so on medium speed to a thick batter.
- Add carrots and walnuts, and mix briefly on low to just combine.
- Spoon into 6 well-greased mini bundt pans (as spaced out as possible).
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool 10 minutes, then flip out of the pans onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- Whisk together all the ingredients. It will be quite thick, you can add an addition 1/2 tbsp lemon juice if necessary.
- Drizzle over the cooled cakes, and allow 10-15 minutes for glaze to set before serving.
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, fluffy, cream cheese, glaze, easter, healthy, baking, carrot cake