Your favorite sticky cereal snack but CHOCOLATE, and made with Medjool Dates instead of marshmallows for a healthier rice crispy treat!
- 2 cups (70g) toasted brown rice cereal
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (200g) Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates*
- 3/4 cup (192g) almond butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup (180g) dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates, almond butter, and vanilla. Process to a smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together rice cereal, cocoa powder, date paste, and salt (it’s messy but hands works best!)
- Melt the dark chocolate chips.
- Add half to the cereal mixture and mix to evenly coat.
- Press into a lined 8×8″ pan, top with remaining melted chocolate.
- Freeze 2-3 hours until firm.
- Slice and eat! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*Use code 20feasting for 20% off Natural Delights Medjool Dates on Amazon!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: healthy, snack, dessert, kid friendly, no bake, easy, marshmallow free, cereal, bars, gluten free