This 5-ingredient party-perfect vanilla cake recipe is healthy disguised as decadent underneath a luscious layer of sugar-free chocolate fudge frosting!
- 18 pitted medjool dates ((about 1 1/2 cups packed))
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder ((or vanilla extract))
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 12 pitted medjool dates ((about 1 cup packed))
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2–3 tbsp cacao powder ((or cocoa powder))
- Optional: pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a high speed blender, combine the water and medjool dates. Blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the cake ingredients. Blend very briefly until just combined. Do not over-blend or the cake will come out gummy.
- Pour the batter into an 8-inch square or round pan that is either greased or lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350F.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Use as is, or refrigerate for a few hours to thicken.
- Spread a generous layer of the chocolate fudge frosting on the cake. Top with sprinkles or fruit or whatever you like. Enjoy!