- 4 medium apples
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Optional: 2-4 tbsps coconut sugar
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Add everything to a pot.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 15 mins until the apples are fork-tender.
- Take off the lid and let it continue to cook for approximately 5 more minutes to allow some of the excess liquid to evaporate if necessary.
- Remove from the heat and mash with a potato masher until the texture is as chunky as you like.
- Enjoy warm or chilled, but keep leftovers in the fridge.