Copycat girl scout cookies but healthier! This vegan samoas recipe has a grain-free shortbread, caramel coconut layer, and dark chocolate drizzle!
- 1 cup (110g) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil (or coconut butter)
- 1/4 tsp salt
Caramel Coconut Layer
- 1 can (210g) sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (140g) unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup (90g) dark chocolate chips, melted
- Whisk together flours and salt.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil, mix to form a sticky dough.
- Roll out between two sheets of wax paper. Freeze flat for 30 mins (makes cutting/transferring easier).
- Cut into ring shaped cookies, and bake 8-10 mins at 350ºF. Cool completely.
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and toast for 10 mins at 350ºF, stirring halfway through.
- Add sweetened condensed coconut milk to a small saucepan. Simmer on medium low heat, stirring frequently until browned (about 10 minutes). Stir in salt and vanilla, then remove from heat.
- Pour over the toasted coconut and mix.
- Plop a dollop on top of each cookie, then press/shape into a ring.
- Freeze cookies for 2 hours.
- Dip the bottoms in melted dark chocolate, then drizzle the tops. Chill until chocolate is set.
- Eat! Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 145mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: gluten-free, grain-free, girl scouts, healthy, dairy free, coconut, caramel, easy, chocolate, shortbread, paleo