You’d never guess these ULTRA chocolatey brownies are flourless, date-sweetened, vegan, and paleo. Perfect base for a brownie sundae or dessert all their own!
- 1 cup (180g) pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (120g) nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup (130g) almond butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 1/2 cup (45g) cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- So Delicious Dairy Free ice cream in your favorite flavor!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the pitted medjool dates, nondairy milk, and almond butter in a blender. Blend until no date chunks remain.
- Add the cacao powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Blend until combined.
- Grease your muffin pan with coconut oil or use muffin liners. Divide the batter into 6 muffins, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Use the back of a spoon (or your fingers!) to make a depression in the center of each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. If they won’t come out easily, gently slide a dull knife around the outside and they should pop out.
- Top with whatever ice cream and toppings you love. Enjoy!
- Keep leftover brownies in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie cup
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 21g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: chocolate, baking, dessert, vegan, paleo, flourless, gluten-free