Fluffy lemon blueberry bread! This vegan gluten-free loaf is sweet and summery, full of citrus flavor, and topped with an easy berry glaze!
- 3/4 cup (180g) applesauce
- 3/4 cup (150g) cane sugar
- 1/4 cup (65g) Natural SunButter
- 1/2 cup (120g) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60g) almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (222g) gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp (15g) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (140g) blueberries (fresh works best)
- 2 cups (240g) powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp blueberry puree
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and/or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together applesauce, sugar, SunButter, lemon juice, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Add the flours, baking powder, zest, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan, smooth the top, and bake for 55-65 minutes (toothpick test for doneness).
- Cool COMPLETELY before glazing.
- For the glaze, whisk together all ingredients until smooth and drizzle-able.
- Drizzle on the cooled cake, slice, and eat!
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, summer, healthy, berry, loaf, cake, glaze, dairy free, snack