Moist fluffy lemon poppyseed muffins made with yogurt, almond flour, and meyer lemons for a citrusy-sweet, seed-speckled snack! Vegan and grain-free.
- 2/3 cup (150g) non-dairy yogurt (*)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (**)
- 1/3 cup (55g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup (60g) tapioca starch (***)
- 2 cups (250g) almond flour (****)
- 3 tbsp (20g) poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, and coconut sugar. Stir/whisk until combined and no lumps remain.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, tapioca starch, almond flour, and lemon zest. Stir to form a thick batter.
- Stir in the poppyseeds until evenly mixed.
- Divide the batter into muffin tins filling each until it is level with the top of the pan. You will get 6-8 muffins depending on your pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F or until golden brown and firm to the touch when you lightly press the center.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
*I used cashew yogurt, but any kind of yogurt will work. If it is quite thick, add a couple of tablespoons of nondairy milk (see video for proper consistency). **I used meyer lemons, but regular lemons are fine too. ***You can sub arrowroot or cornstarch. ****For an oat version, try this recipe instead.
Keywords: baking, snack, summer, vegan, paleo, gluten-free