Summer’s favorite citrus pie made mini! These key lime pies bring the classic creamy sweet tang with a dairy-free filling and crumbly gluten-free oat crust.
- 1 cups (80g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (35g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125g) SunButter (I used the natural variety)
- 1/2 cup (120g) coconut cream*
- 1/2 cup (120g) nondairy yogurt
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup or agave
- 1/4 cup (60g) key lime juice**
- 1/4 cup (30g) arrowroot (or corn starch)
- 1 tbsp key lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Grind the oats with the coconut sugar and salt in a food processor.
- Add SunButter, and process to form a sticky crumbly dough.
- Press a couple spoonfuls into the bottom of each muffin (lined with paper liners), you will have enough for 6-8.
- Bake fro 15 minutes at 375ºF. Cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325ºF.
- Blend all the filling ingredients. Don’t over blend.
- Pour on top of the crusts, filling almost to the top. Tap on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 325ºF. The edges should be just starting to darken and the middles no longer jiggly.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then chill overnight.
- Serve straight from the fridge, they are delicious with coconut whipped cream on top!
*Just the solid part from a can of full fat coconut milk that has been chilled overnight.
**Regular lime juice works just as well!
- Serving Size: 1 pie
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 211mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: summer, citrus, pie, tart, key lime, dairy free, egg free, gluten free, vegan, dessert, easy, healthy