Mint Chocolate Brownie Cookies featuring a fudgy grain-free batter and fluffy vegan buttercream frosting for a decadent but healthy dessert!
- 1 cup packed (~200g) Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup (120g) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (45g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (75g) mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, blend Medjool Dates, almond milk, almond butter, flax egg, and vanilla to a smooth paste (a few small chunks are okay).
- Add cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend to combine.
- Pulse in the chocolate chips until just blended.
- Grease a muffin pan. Drop 2-3 tablespoons of batter into each cavity of the muffin pan and press to flatten (should be 1/3-1/2 full).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool 10-15 minutes in the pan, then gently remove the cookies from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- For the frosting, use a hand mixer to beat the vegan butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, continuing to mix in-between. Add matcha powder, mint extract, and almond milk (only if your frosting is too thick) whipping to a thick fluffy buttercream consistency.
- Generously spread frosting on the cooled cookies, and enjoy!
Keywords: chocolate, fudge, brownie, gluten free, paleo, dairy free, st patricks day, mint, dessert, vegan, healthy