Luscious no-bake Matcha Cheesecake – your favorite latte transformed into an easy vegan treat with a brownie crust and vanilla swirls on top!
- 1 cup (120g) hemp seeds**
- 6–8 (120g) pitted medjool dates (soaked for 10 minutes)
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a blender of food processor.
- Blend on low speed until you have sticky chunks that hold together when pressed.
- Press into the bottom of a 6-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Blend all the filing ingredients except the matcha on high until very smooth and creamy. This will take some time, especially if you don’t soak the cashews first.
- Remove 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Add the matcha powder to the blender, and blend again.
- Pour the matcha filling on top of the crust.
- Dollop on the white filling and swirl with a chopstick or straw.
- Freeze overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Remove from the freezer for 5-10 minutes before slicing and eating.
- Keep leftovers in the freezer for up to a week.
*For alternate crust options, you can use this almond crust OR this oat crust OR this cereal crust instead. **Can substitute with other seeds or nuts or oats. ***I do not recommend substituting other sweeteners as the dates add to the creaminess and thickness of the filling as well as sweetening it. This cake is not super sweet, so add more dates if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 398
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: vegan, dairy free, easy, dessert, gluten free, matcha, cake