This super easy Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie with an oreo cookie-like crust is the ultra rich no-bake dessert of your DREAMS. Without tofu, cashews, or coconut milk!
- 2 cups (280g) almonds (or nuts of choice)
- 1/2 cup (40g) cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil
- 12oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups (720g) non-dairy milk
- 1 cup (180g or 10-12) pitted medjool dates
- For the crust, blend the nuts, cacao powder, and salt until coarsely ground.
- Add the coconut oil. Blend/stir until the texture is moist and crumbly but holds together when pressed.
- Press into the bottom of a pie pan and up the sides, reserving about 1/2 cup for topping.
- For the filling, blend the milk and dates on high until very smooth.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Add melted chocolate to the blender and blend until combined.
- Pour into the crust and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the remaining crust chunks and chocolate chips. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate (creamier more like a pudding/mud pie) or freeze (firmer texture) overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Slice and enjoy!
*For an alternative crust: Grind your favorite cereal (I like brown rice crisps) in a food processor. Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 cup nut/seed butter, and a pinch of salt. Process until sticky and crumbly. Press firmly into the pan (you will not have enough for sprinkling on top with this option).
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 428
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 231mg
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: dessert, dairy free, no bake, easy, dessert, summer, chilled, blender, silk pie, mousse, pudding, mud pie