Peaches and Cream Crisp! Sweet summer peaches baked in a creamy vanilla sauce with a crispy grain-free crumble topping. Vegan, gluten-free, paleo!
- 6 cups (840g) sliced peaches (fresh or frozen/thawed)
- 1/4 cup (35g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (60g) arrowroot starch*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup (240g) full fat coconut milk**
- 1 cup (70g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (80g) nuts/seeds of choice
- 1/4 cup (60g) nut/seed butter of choice
- 2 tbsp (40g) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, coconut sugar, arrowroot starch, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix to evenly coat.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Pour into a 9×9″ square baking dish.
- In a blender of food processor grind the coconut and nuts/seeds.
- Add the nut/seed butter, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon. Process to form a sticky crumble.
- Crumble on top of the peaches covering completely.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Check and rotate halfway through if it is browning unevenly. It will be golden brown on top and the center no longer jiggly when done.
- Cool completely or even chill overnight before serving.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
*Can substitute with tapioca or corn starch.
**Optional. You can make this recipe without the cream element by omitting the coconut milk and reducing the arrowroot starch amount to 1/4 cup.
- Serving Size: 1 servings
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, paleo, summer, dessert, easy