These Pineapple Turmeric Cupcakes are a healthy tropical treat with a superfood sunshine glow and fluffy-sweet coconut frosting!
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk ((or any non-dairy milk))
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Cream from a 15-oz can of full-fat coconut milk, chilled ((*see note))
- 1–2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a blender, combine the pineapple, dates, and coconut milk. Blend on high until well combined.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, and turmeric. Blend very briefly just to combine.
- Divide into 6 lightly greased muffin cups filling each 3/4 of the way. Smooth the tops.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- For the frosting, whisk/beat together the coconut cream and sweetener until light and smooth.
- Frost your cooled cupcakes, top with shredded coconut, and enjoy!
*Or you can use a couple of these little cans of coconut cream, they tend to have even better texture for frosting