A delicous way to show off summer stone fruit – lightly spiced peaches roasted till sweet and layered with homemade vegan vanilla bean pudding and granola!
Vanilla Bean Pudding
- 1 cup (240g) almond milk
- 1 cup (240) full-fat coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup (35g) coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp (23g) arrowroot**
- Pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean***
- 2 cups peaches, sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1–2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1–2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
Granola and yogurt for layering
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Toss peaches with coconut oil, coconut sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spread out on a lined baking sheet, and roast for 20-25 minutes at 425ºF.
- While the peaches are roasting, combine almond milk (reserve 1/4 cup), coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Scrape out the seeds from the vanilla bean and add them to the pot along with the pod.
- Bring to a boil over medium low heat, whisking frequently.
- Dissolve the arrowroot starch in reserved 1/4 cup milk.
- Once the mixture is boiling, pour in arrowroot mixture whisking constantly.
- Keep cooking/whisking over medium heat until thickened (3-5 minutes).
- Transfer to a heat proof bowl, fish out vanilla bean pod, place a piece of plastic wrap on top (touching the pudding to prevent a top layer from forming), and cool. You can even prepare the day before and chill overnight.
- Divide the cooled pudding into two jars, layering with yogurt and granola. Top with roasted peaches and enjoy!
*You can use all almond milk (or anther kind of milk), but the higher fat content of the coconut milk will make the pudding richer. **Tapioca or corn starch will work too. ***Can sub vanilla extract, whole beans do give a stronger flavor though.
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: dairy free, easy, summer, fruit, roasted, vanilla bean, granola, yogurt, parfait