Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins! Fluffy oat flour muffins spiced with ginger and filled with juicy chunks of strawberry and rhubarb. A summery sweet baked treat!
- 1/2 cup (120g) unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup (110g) coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/2 cup (120g) full fat coconut milk*
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (275g) gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare the flax eggs and set aside for 5-10 minutes to gel.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the applesauce, coconut sugar, flax eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and milk.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Fold in the chopped rhubarb and strawberries, reserving some for on top.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin pan lined with paper liners or coated with coconut oil. Fill each muffin about 3/4 of the way.
- Top each with a few extra chunks of rhubarb and a strawberry slice.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350F or until the center feels firm to the touch and bounces back when lightly pressed.
- Remove form the oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
*You can use other kinds of milk, but the muffins won’t be as moist/rich since this recipe is otherwise very low in fat.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: summer, baking, vegan, gluten-free, snack, rhubarb