Caramel hearts with a strawberry center and rich chocolate shell make for the perfect Valentine’s truffle–almost as quick & easy to make as to devour!
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam (homemade or store-bought)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- Spoon the strawberry jam into a piping bag or plastic bag with one corner cut off and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a completely DRY blender, grind the freeze dried strawberries to a powder. Set aside in a safe and dry place, any moisture will cause the powder to clump.
- Pinch the stem side of one medjool date and pull apart slowly to split the date halfway. Do not go too far or tear the date completely in half. Remove the pit. If you are confused, watch the video for a demo.
- Repeat until all dates are pitted.
- Insert the tip of the piping bag into the cavity where the pit used to be and squeeze to fill with jam. Repeat until all dates are filled.
- Dip each date in melted chocolate to completely coat. Transfer to a plate/pan lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle with strawberry dust, and chill until the chocolate is set. Enjoy!
- They can stay be kept at room temperature once the chocolate is set, but keep best in the fridge.