Creamy tahini ice cream swirled with chunks of sweet summer strawberries and flecked with real vanilla bean–these healthy pops are a chilly vegan treat!
- 4–5 frozen bananas
- 2–4 tbsp tahini ((or any nut/seed butter))
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder ((or vanilla extract))
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries ((or your favorite berry))
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp maple syrup if your berries are too tart
- If using frozen berries, defrost them. Blend/pulse the berries to a chunky sauce consistency. Taste and add the maple syrup if desired. Set aside.
- Blend the frozen bananas, tahini, and vanilla bean powder until creamy. Add more/less tahini to your taste.
- Fill each popsicle with a couple of tablespoons of the berry mixture.
- Next add the tahini ice cream and gently swirl.
- When the pops are about 3/4 full, add a small spoonful of tahini and swirl.
- Continue filling to the top with ice cream.
- Insert the sticks and freeze overnight.
- The following day, carefully remove the pops from the molds. Enjoy!
This is the popsicle mold I used here. If you don’t have a popsicle mold, paper cups work too! Just freeze for about 30-60 minutes and then insert the sticks.