Sweet, spiced gingerbread muffins with moist fluffy insides and lemon glazed tops are the perfect healthier holiday snack. Vegan, paleo, and nut-free too!
- 1 cup (240g) unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup (105g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup (190g) Organic SunButter
- 2 tbsp (20g) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (80g) molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (230g) cassava flour*
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 2 tsps ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4–6 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together applesauce, coconut sugar, SunButter, lemon juice, molasses, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Divide into a lined (or oiled) muffin pan, filling each muffin to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool, before glazing.
- For the glaze, combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice (all should be at room temp or slightly warmer). It will seize up and become clumpy. Whisk in the milk one tablespoon at a time until smooth and drizzle-able.
- Top with glaze (optional, they are delicious plain too) and eat!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for longer storage.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 267mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: christmas, cinnamon, dairy-free, dessert, egg-free, grain-free, healthy, molasses, nut-free, snack,