Fluffy chocolate mousse cups lightly sweetened with maple syrup, swirled with homemade berry chia jam, and coated in dark chocolate. Vegan, paleo, easy!
- 1 cup Organic SunButter (or any variety)
- 1 cup coconut cream*
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (180g) dark chocolate, melted
- Combine mousse ingredients in a bowl, and whip until fluffy. Refrigerate.
- Combine berries, coconut sugar, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, simmer 2-3 minutes until berries are soft.
- Add chia seeds and simmer 5-6 more minutes over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl, and cool for 30 minutes.
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners.
- Fill each 3/4 of the way with mousse. Top with berry jam.
- Freeze overnight.
- Working quickly, remove the paper liners and dip in melted chocolate to coat completely. I use a toothpick to dunk them and let as much chocolate drip off as possible for a super thin coating.
- Refrigerate one hour, then eat! Keep leftovers in the fridge.
*Just the solid part scooped out of a can of full fat coconut milk that has been chilled 24 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 133mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: gluten free, paleo, dessert, easy, healthy, snack, blueberry, nut free, pb&j