A healthier spin on girl scout cookies! Homemade tagalongs with crispy shortbread, SunButter center, and dark chocolate coating. Vegan, gluten-free, easy!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix to form a sticky dough.
- Roll into balls, flatten into cookies, use a teaspoon to create an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350ºF until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Spoon a dollop of SunButter into the center of each cookie.
- Freeze until the SunButter is firm.
- Coat in melted chocolate. Chill until set.
- Eat! Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
*Or 1/3 cup coconut butter for oil-free
**Or agave/honey works too
***For a nut-free cookie, try THIS recipe instead
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 51mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, healthy, Girl Scout, cookies, shortbread, chocolate, dairy free, dessert, baking