Chewy grain-free tahini chocolate chip cookies smushed around vegan vanilla ice cream makes for the yummiest sweet summer sandwich!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup (125g) tahini*
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp (30g) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (70g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (70g) cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (80g) mini chocolate chips
- 1 pint dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine tahini, coconut oil, flax egg, coconut sugar, almond milk, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add cassava flour, baking soda, and salt and beat to incorporate.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet (2-3 tbsp per cookie) leaving enough room between them for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then refrigerate until completely cooled or even cold. Scoop vanilla ice cream onto the cookies, sandwich, and eat!
*If using a different nut/seed butter, I recommend using 6 tbsp nut/seed butter + 2 tbsp coconut oil to get a similar consistency to tahini
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: gluten free, grain free, dairy free, summer, dessert, snack, healthy, easy, cassava, nut free